Sunday, October 11, 2009

New Sandberg Addition: 2009 Tristar Obak

I'll admit that I've never been a fan of the Tristar cards before. I consider them pre-rookie cards, since the players are not featured in MLB uniforms or with the parent MLB clubs. But the new/retro Obak set is an exception because of the terrific players featured, most notably Ryne Sandberg in an OKC 89'ers uni.


However, this is not Sandberg's first card in an 89ers uniform. Those serious collectors probably know of his rare 1981 TCMA card. That one still eludes my collection, so I will enjoy this OKC addition to my collection.

P.S. This is not the only Sandberg card in the Obak set. He is featured with Josh Vitters on an SP card that will be displayed on this blog once it arrives in the mail!

2 comments:

  1. I love this card. When it was released, I had to get my hands on one. I've been able to nab it and the mini.

    I have the 1981 TCMA card. I'm still in need of the 1980 TCMA card with the Reading Phillies. I have yet to see one go for under $200.

    Tai
    http://www.rynesandberg23.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the 1980 Reading Phillies Sandberg... it's a PSA 9- the highest graded version of this card.

    ReplyDelete